Ancient people buy watch for time, now people buy watch for reasons, to watch time might be the last meaning of it. Why do you buy a watch? A sign of fortune? For fashion? You fond of the beating movement? Maybe all. Before you decide to buy a watch, you might want to know the follow information:
1, What are the top 10 watch brands in the world?
- Patek Philippe
- Vacheron Constantin
- Audemars Piguet
- Cartier (Cartier)
- Jaeger LeCoultre
- Rolex (Rolex)
2, How to choose a right watch for you?
In order to choose a watch that is right for you, the first thing you need to figure out is when and where do you want to wear it. A watch for sporty or outdoor purpose would be easy to choose, because they just need to be durable and comfortable; a watch for party or business is what you have to be more serious. As soon as you make sure your purpose, you should pay attention to five aspects such as its type, shape, color, pattern, and function.
- Type: For social purpose, brands and price is the most important part that people value. Basically, watches can be divided into four categories, luxury watches, ordinary watches and cheap watches. Watches from the top 10 brand must be the luxury watch, as well as some other world-know brand, price arrange above $1,000; watches with good price but in good quality belong to ordinary watch, like Seiko, Citizen and TIMEX, price arranged from $50-$1,000; watch with cheap quality and cheap price belong to cheap watch, I have to say, most of this kind of watch is from China, but it doesn’t mean that China doesn’t have good watch. However, I don’t think you should buy cheap watch for social purpose. Depend on your budget, most people should be good to choose an ordinary watch, because it not only takes care of your social purpose, it also takes care of your wallets. Many famous people have an ordinary watch, for example, Biden, the America president, always wear his old style Citizen timepieces and he also is the first president to wear a iPhone watch in White House.
- Shape: The shape of the watch is often the prior when you decide to take the watch for occasions. The watch worn on formal occasions should be dignified and conservative in shape, avoiding weirdness and too much sporty. Men, especially those who are respectable and elderly, maybe better to choose a round, dress watch. The watches with novel and fancy shapes are only suitable for young girls and children. Generally speaking, square, oval, square, rectangular and diamond-shaped watches are suitable for a wide range of occasions because of their solemn and conservative shape, especially for formal occasions.
- Colors: A watch to be worn on a formal party, the color shouldn’t be complicated and messy, and it is generally appropriate to be a one-color watch or a two-color watch, especial the watch band color, must avoid to be colorful. No matter what color you choose, it should be clear, noble and elegant. Black, white, gold or blue is always a color that won’t go wrong.
- Patterns: There is no need for patterns on the watch that serve no purpose other than numbers, trademarks, factory names, and brands. This is especially important when choosing a watch for a formal occasion. If the pattern on the watch is strange and various, it is not only not good for use, but also may attract jokes.
- Function: A watch for sport should be perfect to have more function. That’s why smartwatch required many functions, such as temperature, humidity, wind speed, direction, blood pressure, step speed, etc., A watch for formal occasion or business would be better to be as simple as possible.
3, How to demagnetize the watch?
Watch demagnetizes only exist in Automatic watch, not quartz watch or digital watch. In daily life, you should try to avoid putting the watch in a magnetic environment, avoiding to be too close to some satchels with magnetic clasps, avoiding to be put together with magnetic clasps, cell phones, televisions, computers and some other magnetic appliances. Unfortunately, there is no way to wear a watch and always stay away with that things. As long as watches get magnetize, it gets time error and other problem.
4. How do we know the watch get magnetized?
When your watch comes to a big time-error or sometimes stop, you can move your watch pass by to a compass, if the south pointer move, then your watch get magnetized. Don’t try it if your watch has no problem. What should we do if the watch gets magnetized? You can consider the following ways:
- Buy a watch demagnetizer, about $10-20 dollars, put your watch inside and take out slowly. (follow their instruction carefully)
- Put the watch on a non-magnetic iron plate for a few days, the magnetism will be conducted to the iron plate, of course, the larger the volume of the iron plate, the greater the magnetic capacity, and the better the effect.
- Put the watch slowly through an iron coil without magnetism, the magnetism will stay to the iron coil.
- Take the watch to repair store and ask for help, this is the best way but most expensive.
1. What should you know for watch daily maintenance?
- Do not use the watch (including waterproof watches) in hot baths, saunas, or environments where the temperature varies greatly.
- Do not operate the watch buttons and adjust the crown in water.
- Please clean the strap and case regularly; if it is a leather strap, avoid contact with moisture, humidity and cosmetics, and avoid exposure to the sun.
- Please pay attention to the watch anti-magnetic, avoid prolonged contact with electrical appliances, cell phones and magnets.
- Please do not disassemble the watch under any circumstances.
- Please avoid the watch from being hit or dropped.
- Please do not adjust the watch date between 9:00 and 3:00 on the watch time display, but complicated models are recommended to adjust the watch date between 9:00 and 7:00 on the watch time display to avoid damage and inaccurate calendar jumping.
- if the watch needs to adjust the time, please dial the hands clockwise, please do not dial counterclockwise (except quartz two-handed watches)
5、What should you know when you need to adjust time?
- Please do not adjust the watch date between 9:00 and 3:00 on the watch time display, but complicated models are recommended to adjust the watch date only between 9:00 and 7:00 on the watch time display to avoid damage and inaccurate calendar jumping.
- For longer service life of the watch, many watches use the slow-date-jump. Slow-date-jump means date doesn’t change at once it reaches 24:00, it might need a few hours to finish the exchange. Don’t fast it manually.
- Analog display watch can turn the crown one round to switch day and night time.
- General watch only dial clockwise to adjustment time, do not dial counterclockwise; Unless you owe a special watch. It is easy to dial the watch counterclockwise to cause deviation of the watch hand pointing.
- You need to consider the time of day and night before you want to adjust the watch time.
6、What should I do if the watch does not keep time?
Every watch might have little time error and this is normal. Quartz watch (digital watch) is fine when the watch is fast or slow within 1.5s per day; mechanical watch should be acceptable when the watch is fast or slow within 30 seconds per day, under the condition of 8-10 hours per day of being worn (Note: reference to the National Standard for Mechanical Watches, QB/T1249-2013). If there is a magnetic issue, mechanical watch gets unusual time error.
All mechanical watch is not 100% accurate and it is influenced by the outside world conditions, such as, magnetic field, gravity, temperature, and the energy of the activity. If the watch has a timekeeping error of more than 30 seconds with sufficient power, it is recommended to have it maintained or repaired. Mechanical watches recommended to do maintenance service every
7、How to do when the watch get damp or mist?
- Cocoon the watch with some dry cotton or cloth, bake it with a 40-watt electric bulb for 5 minutes, so that all the moisture in the watch can be evaporated.
- Take it to watch store and have it maintained, high recommend if it’s a luxury watch.
8、Where to buy a replacement watch bands?
Hemsut Watch Bands a profession third party watch band company, from Hemsut you can select hundres of design included NATO straps, leather watch band, silicone watch bands and all kind of fabric sporty watch bands. Hemsut has been working with many quality leather material factories, such as Horween, EPSOM and TOTO. Customer can also choose CUSTOM STRAPS SERVICE and order a watch with his own size. Start to shop from them.
Rated Article: 7 High Quality Materials for Leather Watch Straps
9, What should you know when you find a store for watch maintaince?
Every year (maybe 2-3 years) you should have your watch maintained. There are countless people who got shit things in watch repair store. Today, we list some suggestion when you decide a watch store to fix your watch problem.
- Choose those stores with good credit and a lot of positive feedbacks.
- Have a basic understanding of your watch failure, try to figure out the reason that may cause the failure. Any unexpected reason from repair store might have to think about it.
- Check their repair equipment and watch oil, if the equipment is poor and very few of oil option, I suggest you stay away from this store.
- Try not to fast repair, trust no “immediately desirable” promise. Watch repair and maintance is a job must be very careful, they do need time.
- Ask them to return back the parts that they replace for you, do ask to stamp and sign the list of parts that they replaced for you
- Choose official brand repair store if possible.